Asian salad with veal tenderloin
0 - 30 minutes
- 2 pieces of (150 g each) veal tenderloin
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp finely chopped red chili
- 1 tsp finely chopped coriander stalks
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut blossom sugar
- 3 mini cucumbers (or 1 normal size)
- ½ red onion
- 2 spring onions
- 1 green chilli (or red)
- 30 grams unsalted peanuts
- 20 cherry tomatoes (mix)
- 10 radishes
- 1 bag of mixed salad of your choice (100 grams)
- A few sprigs of fresh mint
- A few sprigs of fresh coriander
- Take the veal out of the fridge and leave for about half an hour to reach room temperature.
- Finely chop the clove of garlic and add it to the chopped red chilli and coriander stalks in a mortar and pestle and grind into a fine paste. Mix this with the sesame oil, olive oil, lime juice, soy sauce, fish sauce and coconut blossom sugar in a bowl and stir well. Set aside for a moment.
- Cut the cucumber into slices lengthwise using a vegetable peeler. Also slice the red onion into thin half rings and the spring onion and green chilli into rings. Put this in a tray or bowl and mix 1 ½ tablespoons of the dressing into the cucumber salad. Keep the rest separate as extra salad dressing. Put the cucumber mixture in the fridge while you make the rest of the salad.
- Put a pan on the heat and let it get hot. Put a knob of butter together with a dash of olive oil in the pan and heat thoroughly. Place the veal tenderloin in the heated pan, season with salt and pepper, and fry for 3 minutes per side over medium-high heat. Remove the veal tenderloin from the pan, place it on a plate and let it rest under aluminium foil for about 6 minutes.
- While the meat is resting, prepare the rest of the salad. Roast the peanuts in a dry frying pan until they turn golden brown.
- Thinly slice the radishes and halve the tomatoes. Mix the salad, mint and coriander leaves and cucumber salad together in a large bowl. Divide this onto two plates. Divide the tomatoes and radishes between the plates.
- Cut the veal tenderloin into thin slices with a sharp knife. Divide the slices over the salads. Sprinkle the roasted peanuts over the salad and serve with the remaining dressing and some lime wedges if you like.
Source: Laura's Supervood