Involtini with wild garlic pesto and cubed feta
30 - 60 minutes
- 4 pieces of veal cutlets
- 200 g feta cheese
- 1 bunch of wild garlic (about 50 g of leaves)
- 50 g toasted pine nuts
- 70 g grated Parmesan
- 100 ml finest olive oil
- 2 shallots, diced
- 200 g cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100 ml veal stock
- 200 ml tomato passata
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Tenderise the cutlets to about 3 mm thick. Crumble the feta, then wash, clean and roughly chop the wild garlic. Blend the wild garlic, pine nuts, Parmesan and olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the schnitzel with half of the wild garlic pesto and spread the feta over the top. Roll up tight and secure with wooden skewers. Fry in hot olive oil till light brown all over. Add shallots and cherry tomatoes, fry all together for about 3 minutes. Deglaze with the stock, allow to simmer for 3 minutes, then add the tomato passata. Simmer for about 20 minutes with the lid on. Take the involtini out of the sauce and put in the oven to keep warm; reduce the sauce uncovered, and season to taste.
- Arrange the involtini with the fruity sauce on plates, put a small dab of the remaining pesto on top and serve with, for instance, tagliatelle.