Marbled veal steaks with lemon grass and ginger
- 800 gram of marbled veal steaks
- 1 dessert spoon of olive oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 1 piece of fresh ginger, rougly chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 stalks of lemon grass, halved, or 1 teaspoon of sereh powder
- 2 dessert spoons of garam masala or curry powder
- 3 tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 red Spanish pepper, sliced
- 1/2 decilitre of coconut milk
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and brown the marbled veal steaks all over, then add the onion and garlic to soften (without browning). Add the garam masala and stir in with the meat. Add the remaining ingredients, stir well and leave to simmer, with the lid on the pan, for approx. 90 minutes until cooked through.
Serve with pandan rice and green beans with onion and sambal.