Marinated and grilled veal cutlets with pineapple
- 4 pieces of veal cutlets
- 1 dessert spoon of olive oil
- 4 dessert spoons of maize oil
- 4 dessert spoons of sake
- 1 spring onion, cut into 0.5 cm pieces
- 1 dessert spoon of fresh ginger, grated
- 2 pieces of star anise, crushed
- 1 teaspoons of cinnamon powder
- 4 pineapple rings, 1.5 cm thick
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Mix the maize oil with the sake, spring onion, ginger, cinnamon and star anise. Marinade the veal cutlets in this mixture for 4 hours. Preheat the grill(pan), brush the veal cutlets and pineapple rings all over with olive oil and grill them until they are golden brown on both sides and the meat is still slightly pink on the inside (re-apply marinade frequently while grilling).
Remove the veal cutlets and pineapple from the grill and sprinkle the cutlets with salt and freshly ground pepper. Place a pineapple ring on top of each cutlet and sprinkle with lukewarm marinade.
Serve with sticky rice and a fresh green salad.