Veal Meatballs with Caper Sauce and Boiled Potatoes
- 500 g minced veal (ground veal)
- 1 stale bread roll, steeped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 pickled anchovy fillets, chopped
- Sweet paprika powder
- 1 l veal stock
- 40 g butter
- 40 g flour
- 100 ml cream
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 pinch of sugar
- Salt & white pepper to taste
1. Knead the minced veal, shredded bread roll, onion, anchovies and seasoning and form into golf ballsized meatballs.
2. Bring the veal stock to the boil. Add the veal meatballs and reduce the heat to bring the liquid to a simmer. Cook the veal meatballs for approx. 10 minutes. Remove and cover to keep warm.
3. For the sauce, take 400 ml of the veal stock from the pan. Melt the butter in a separate pan. Sprinkle over the flour and sauté. Gradually add the veal stock, stirring all the time. Leave to boil until it forms a creamy sauce. Stir in the cream and capers. Season with lemon juice, some salt, pepper and sugar.
4. Arrange the meatballs on plates and serve garnished with capers. Delicious with boiled potatoes.