Veal Stew (Asian style)
- 750 g veal flank
- 1 potato (medium size)
- 1 carrot
- half of a red onion
- green onions few sprigs
- ginger 3 slices
- vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cooking wine
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 sprigs coriander
1. Chop the veal, potato and carrot into large cubes, peel and slice the onion.
2. Heat the olive oil in the pot and deep fry the potato and carrot pieces over medium heat until golden brown.
3. Heat some oil in the wok and stir fry chopped green onion and ginger slices then add the veal cubes with cooking wine, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, sugar, and allspice. Keep stirring for a few minutes until the veal cubes are evenly covered with the seasoning.
4. Add hot water into the wok until the veal is covered. While its boiling, heat some oil in a pot and shallow fry the onion slices till its slightly caramelized.
5. Pour the boiled veal and the soup into the onion pot quickly, cover the pot and cook it over low heat for one hour then add the fried potato and carrot pieces. Continue to cook for 15-20 minutes.
6. Serve with some chopped coriander on top.