Rack of veal with a mango sauce, grilled vegetables and sweet potato mash
For the rack of veal:
- 1 pieces of rack of veal
- T-REX Sweet Heat BBQ rub (or another rub)
- Different kinds of vegetables
For the sweet potato mash:
- Large sweet potato
- 125 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 40 grams butter
- 2 tsp dried thyme
For the mango sauce:
- 1 mango
- 1 lemon
- Ginger root
- Half a red chili pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Grill pan
- Hand blender
- Meat thermometer
Preparation of the rack of veal:
- Remove the rack of veal from the packaging, place it in a dish and pat it dry with a paper towel.
- Rub the rack of veal with the BBQ rub and leave it covered with aluminium foil for about an hour. This allows the meat to reach room temperature and the flavours of the rub to soak into the meat.
- Heat the BBQ to a temperature of 150°C (302°F). Grill the rack of veal until the centre has reached a temperature of 50°C (122°F).
- While the meat is cooking, you can cut and grill the vegetables in a grill pan or next to the meat on the BBQ.
- When the rack of veal has reached the right temperature, remove it from the BBQ and let it rest for 10 minutes in aluminium foil.
- Serve the rack of veal with the grilled vegetables, sweet potato mash and the mango sauce.
Preparation of the mango sauce:
- Peel the mango and remove the flesh from the pit.
- Peel and finely grate about 2 cm of ginger.
- Finely chop the red chili pepper.
- Put the mango in a pan with 100 ml water and add a bit of grated lemon peel and juice. Also add the ginger and red chili pepper to the mango. Bring to a boil for about 5 minutes until it becomes a thick sauce.
- Purée the mango mixture with the hand blender until it is completely smooth.
Preparation of the sweet potato mash:
- Chop the sweet potato into large chunks and boil until tender. The peel falls off the sweet potato during cooking.
- In the meantime, heat the butter and milk in the microwave or briefly on the stove.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, drain them and remove the skin, and add the butter and milk. Also add the dried thyme and mash into a delicious purée. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Source: Mayke FOCUS & CLICK