Roasted veal ribeye with pesto and Parma ham
- 800 gram of veal ribeye
- 4 ribs
- 1 dessert spoon of butter
- 4 dessert spoons of pesto
- 8 thin slices of Parma ham
- 1/8 (whipped) cream or crème fraîche
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Butcher's twine or aluminium foil
Heat the butter in a non-stick frying pan and brown the veal ribeye all over. Remove the veal ribeye from the pan, sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper, cover it in pesto and wrap with thin slices of Parma ham. Tie it with butcher's twine or wrap in aluminium foil and place in a preheated oven at 85°C (185°F).
Roast in the oven for approx. 2 hours until the core temperature is 57°C (135°F). Remove the veal ribeye from the oven, remove the twine and keep the meat warm. Add the cream to the meat juices, reduced by half, then strain the gravy and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve with ribbon pasta and roasted tomatoes with Italian herbs.